Develop a comprehensive regional plan and implementation structure for efficient energy use and clean renewable technologies
- Develop a comprehensive regional clean energy plan for the San Joaquin Valley.
- Seek an “increased share of “public goods charges revenue” for funding energy efficiency programs from CPUC in portion to regional population
Advance energy self-sufficiency and grow the economy through development of clean, renewable technologies
- Work with state agencies to explore and demonstrate innovative approaches to increase use of renewable energy, including trading of net metering credits, streamlining the requirement for interconnection to the grid, and structuring incentives for renewable energy production.
- Implement community choice energy aggregation projects.
- Improve energy efficiencies in the management and use of water.
- Convene a State summit to identify/adopt converged water-energy conservation activities.
- Design and implement an innovative energy conservation program in water management to include education, diagnosis, and repair/retrofit of equipment for agricultural, water delivery, and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Design and implement an innovative energy conservation program in water management for urbanized communities.
Increase efficient energy use in all sectors
- Work with PreK-12 Education Work Group on the Sector-Based Articulation deliverable of the WIA grant for high school career and technical education (CTE) programs in high priority industries in three high schools in Kings, Fresno and Stanislaus Counties. Each high school will engage students in two of the target industry career education areas.
Promote the region as an international leader for clean energy research, development, and use
- Work with economic development agencies at local, state, and federal levels to incubate, grow and attract clean energy companies.
- Work with community colleges, trade unions and Workforce Investment Boards to ensure that there is an adequately trained workforce for the clean energy industry.
- Encourage and support public and private agencies to use and showcase clean energy technologies.
- Develop and implement innovative cutting-edge clean energy demonstration projects.